Engineering patternmaker Victoria
John Williams commenced working as an independent jobbing patternmaking company in July 1959, at 28 Whitehorse Road, Deepdene.
In September 1962 Frank Downie joined John Williams as a 45% partner. They Moved in March 1964 to 677 Whitehorse Road, Mont Albert, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Due to a need of extra space this factory was extended in 1969. In 1974 a larger factory was needed so the business was moved to a larger factory at 723-725 Whitehorse Road, Mont Albert, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
During the 1970 and 1980’s the company forged a reputation as a leading pattern shop for expertise and reliability.
In July 1990 50% of the business was sold to Werner Stepen then the remaining 50% to John Lally in January 1991, which saw the business move to Blackburn.
On July 1st 2001 the business was taken over by Ian & Leigh both fully qualified engineering patternmaker. They immediately upgraded to the latest 3D CNC machining technology, which included a VMC1020 Hartford and Mastercam CAD CAM software.
On the August 9th 2004 Williams Patterns moved to the current location 2-4 Queen St, Nunawading, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, and have since installed a second CNC machine, the S3092 Quantum.
For advice from quality engineering patternmaker come and see us